NGBV founder resigns



The national coordinator for Network Against Gender Base Violence (NGBV) Haddy Mboge Barrow, who founded the network has resigned after 47 years of executing her duties to promote gender equality in the country.

“I resigned because I have been working for so long and I am convinced that the members in the network can run the activities without me. I’m glad to give chance to the young once coming, who are ready to complete the work from where I stopped.”

These were revealed recently at an annual meeting of the network held at the NaNA conference hall alongside Bertin Harding highway.

She thanked all the general membership and the executive for contributing to the development of the networking, adding that it’s the help of the members that makes her achieved her goals in promoting gender equality and fighting violence against women.

“I have been advocating for the right of women especially the children in my early age of nine went I was in school. I believe you continue the work that I have been doing with my team,” she said.

She stated that she didn’t create organisations to accumulate money, instead to build a brighter future for our people and women in particular.

Mariama Johm, the advocacy and campaign manager NGBV, described Madam Mboge-Barrow as dedicated, resilience, hardworking and committed to the protection of the rights of women in fighting against Female Genital Mutilation (FGM), sexual violence, early marriage and more.

She established the NGBV in 2009 in order to end gender violence in The Gambia.
Gender-based violence is a phenomenon deeply rooted in gender inequality, and continues to be one of the most notable human rights violations within all societies. Gender-based violence is violence directed against a person because of their gender.
Gender-based violence and violence against women are terms that are often used interchangeably as it has been widely acknowledged that most gender-based violence is inflicted on women and girls, by men.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Euclid University Holds Convocation, Confers Late VP Joof

HJAG Elects Dynamic Executive

Cuba proposes actions to resolve the Israeli-Palestinian conflict