Woman’s Car Catches Fire, Blames Traffic Blockage



Awa Bah, a woman whose car got burnt to ashes, blamed the traffic blockage enforced by the country’s security during the celebration of the Banjul Cultural Festival held in the Capital City of Banjul.

Giving her ordeal to this medium, Mrs. Bah who works for Reliance Financial Services at Barra narrated that on the 1 of January 2024, she left her residence at Wellingara to spend the night in her sister’s house to catch up with the early morning ferry to Barra.

She added that this is what she normally does to cross the Atlantic Ocean for an early catch to work at Barra. She noted that when heading to Banjul on that afternoon, she happened to meet a traffic block immediately at the Denton Bridge in Banjul.

“Although I wanted to return to Kombo to no avail because the traffic was horrible in both ways, I then decided to proceed but only to realize that my car was badly heating, so I decided to park at around the Mile 2 prison for over 30 minutes before I resume on the journey,” she stated while reiterating that when she wanted to take the main highway entry point to Banjul, she then realized that the security officers have put a blockage on the road.

“So I decided to use the Bond road, where my car got burnt. Because of overheating, I was notified by a lady that there was a fire beneath my car. I parked and did everything with the help of others to stop the fire using the fire gas but to no avail.”

Mrs. Bah, who lost many of her documents, including her clothes, insurance, identity card and many others, emphasized the need to double up in coping traffic germs. 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Euclid University Holds Convocation, Confers Late VP Joof

HJAG Elects Dynamic Executive

Cuba proposes actions to resolve the Israeli-Palestinian conflict